Industry experts since 1856
Learn more about
We’ve been making nibs and calligraphy pens since 1856 and have come a long way since then!
Formed as D Leonardt & Co. in 1856 by Diedrich Leonardt, the company was renowned worldwide as the go-to company for nibs of all shapes and sizes. With over 3,000 people working for D. Leonardt & Co in Birmingham, the calligraphy giants were at the heart of Birmingham’s booming pen trade.